Tuesday, March 2, 2010

DONE AND HUNG!!!


So folks the show is up.....thanks to Ray and Freya. Ray set all the paintings out around the gallery and began the groupings. Freya did lifting and handing and holding while I said things like higher, lower a bit to the right etc. But Ray was the real star. His experience with those fiddly s-hooks and chains made everything go smoothly and his aesthetic sense is impeccable. Our ideas click instantly and he is funny while he works. I added my wicker settee, a mirror and a plant to improve the ambiance. We had a very successful and stress less day. Thai food for supper was delicious but we were almost falling asleep in the restaurant.
He's not getting any younger either.

Did I mention that the show looks really good? Seeing it all together in one space is a revelation. I never realized that it all ties together so well and that I have a clear Claire style.

To quote Mambolica, "I am made of awesome".