Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Our DNA is who we are.

Three generations of Maya's maternal family women. My mother in her early twenties with the first in a long line of Winkies; Maya showing off one of her many talents -spoon hanging; my favourite cat Chester demonstrating his dedication to personal hygene; and me at nine, fifteen, sixty and now.

Can you see the family resemblance? It's interesting how photos can reveal what the eye sometimes misses. I never realized that Maya looks like my Mom. Because Maya never knew my Mom, we always assumed she looks like Rose, her paternal grandmother, and she does. However, look at the shape of her face compared to my mother's. Pretty clear isn't it?

What an interesting melange of genes is found in each of us. No matter how we may wish to escape our heredity, we never can. So suck it up disgruntled ones, our family DNA is who we are. It's what we do with it that counts.
Posted by Picasa