Saturday, May 9, 2009

I'm back in the land of the living.

My God, illness can wipe you out. I have been very dislocated from anything resembling reality for the last month. Bronchitis quickly descended into my lungs leaving me delirious and drugged with double pneumonia - no food, no drink, no awareness and no interest in life. Thank heaven for good friends, Megan who took care of me till she left for BC. Freya and Gary who insisted on feeding me and shopping for me. Cindy my cleaning lady who checked on me and took home my laundry regularly. I was sweating so heavily that my bedding and nighties needed frequent replacing. Miles my gardener and handyman, who took care of the spring clean up and pond renewal without me. Erica who chauffeured me to and fro Frances' memorial because she knew I'd feel worse if I missed it. Doctor Cameron, for seeing me promptly and often. THANK YOU ALL for dragging me back into the world, because for a while, I didn't want to be here.

I'll get back to my memoirs soon, I promise.